Friday 11 July 2014

Unwind with Woolly Wormhead

Woolly Wormhead will be teaching a full day class on Hat design tomorrow and just in time, here's her teacher interview to get you in the mood for your classes. 

(c) Woolly Wormhead

What was your first knitting/spinning/crochet project?
I don't remember all the details as it was a long time ago, but it would have been an outfit for one of my dolls. I knit myself a rag doll when I was about 8. My mum taught me to knit when I was 3.

What’s your favourite thing to knit?
Do I have to answer this one? Really really? Oh, alrighty then. But the answer might surprise you.

What's my favourite thing to knit?

A Hat.

There, see, I told you you'd be surprised, didn't I?


What was your most (or least) successful project?
A me sized jumper I knit in some grey cotton I bought in a sale. It taught me to never, ever knit anything that size in cotton again.

Do you have a favourite knitting tip to share?
Lots! But I think the thing I'm always saying is this: just try it; it's not as difficult as you think.

Do you have any other crafty hobbies?
Lots. I've a couple of degrees in Textiles, so I've tried quite a few things. Work reduces spare time, but when I can, I like to custom draw/print clothes, dye up odds of fabric and make mismatched/recycled clothes. Spinning, too; making chunky oddball yarn is very therapeutic   

Would you say you are a process or product knitter?
Process all the way.

What are you working on right now?
Erm, a Hat. A secret one.

If you had to pick just one kind of yarn to knit with/ tool to work with / fibre to spin for the rest of your life what would it be?
Tough choice, but whatever it is, it'd be wool. No, come to think of it, I don't think I can pick just one, sorry.

What are you most looking forward to about Unwind / Or visiting Brighton?
ooh, lots! I used to spend a lot of time in Brighton but haven't been in about 8 years, so I'm very much looking forward to just being there; it'd be nice to wander the old lanes again. I'm also looking forward to seeing knitterly and fibery friends, as we rarely get to see each other. I'm looking forward to meeting Hat knitters and helping them get the best out of their knitting. And I'm very much looking forward to wandering the marketplace and getting my hands on some special yarn!


Asymloche by Woolly Wormhead

Woolly has been working on Hat designs in preparation for Unwind and has collaborated with Unwind vendor Juno Fibre Arts to create the Asymloche, due for release later today. You can find more details about this special Hat on Woolly's blog here and also check out the free tutorials she has created especially to walk you through the techniques it features.  

And there's a different pattern using Eden Cottage Yarns, another Unwind vendor, in need of a name here


(c) Woolly Wormhead

Keep an eye on Woolly Wormhead's Twitter feed today to find out the exact release of these Hats (love that Hats MUST be capitalised by the way!) Thank you for taking the time to answer these questions Woolly and we hope your classes are full of fun and awesome Hats!

1 comment:

  1. Are you in need of a loan? Do you want to pay off your bills? Do you want to be financially stable? All you have to do is to contact us for more information on how to get started and get the loan you desire. This offer is open to all that will be able to repay back in due time. Note-that repayment time frame is negotiable and at interest rate of 3% just email us (urgentloan22@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete