Monday 7 July 2014

Unwind with Walk Collection

After two of our British vendors, it's now time for some of those vendors joining us from Europe. Cathrin of WalkCollection will be joining Unwind as a vendor so I asked her to answer a few questions and share some of her crafting experiences with us...


Please introduce yourself and your business in 2-3 sentences.
I am owner, designer and maker of WalkCollection, a small business for high-quality hand dyed yarns and fibres.

 © Cathrin Walk

What treats can we look forward to seeing at your stand during Unwind?
I will bring some of my own favourite yarn bases and colourways, all for mix&match, because that´s what I love most.

Let Your Heart Unwind


Brighton Beach

Joji and Dieuwke designed two beautiful shawl patterns especially for Unwind Brighton with WalkCollection yarns and I will surely bring the accordant yarn as well.


What is your work space like?
Fortunately I am working from home, where I have a special room with all facilities to do my dye-work. I also have a spacious studio to showcase my products, hold sewing classes and for all the paper work behind the scenes.


Are there any colours you are particularly drawn to or love to dye the most?
At the moment I like my “Lucky Star” colours most. They are always a small colour experiments and pretty time consuming, as they combine different dyeing techniques. But the layered colours and speckles are worth it. They are really exciting for me to dye, as they turn out a little different each time.



 © Cathrin Walk

What did you do before you were a dyer? How has this influenced your work?
I am a trained seamstress/assistant for garment technology and also have a degree in business management. My dream was to have a small creative business, being surrounded by textiles and colours and that´s exactly what I do now.

What are you looking forward to the most about Unwind?
It will be great to see all the lovely people in person that I have only met online on Ravelry and Etsy and I also hope to find a little time to explore the festival myself.



A big thank you to Cathrin for taking the time to share some insight into her knitting world. You can find Cathrin’s website/ etsy shop by visiting www.walkcollection.com / www.walkcollection.etsy.com.





No comments:

Post a Comment