Sunday 6 July 2014

Unwind with The Uncommon Thread

The Uncommon Thread also will be joining Unwind as a vendor so I asked her to answer a few questions and share some of her crafting experiences with us.

Please introduce yourself and your business in 2-3 sentences.

I’m Ce and I’m the creative behind The Uncommon Thread. I started dyeing almost 4 years ago and it’s been a rollercoaster ride ever since. I love colour and texture and I’m a crafting obsessive. I feel very fortunate to be able to share that with others.

What treats can we look forward to seeing at your stand during Unwind?
Lots! There will be new colourways, One of A Kinds, a limited edition base (cashmere silk, no less) and you’ll also be able to see (and try on!) all 12 designs from Interpretations, the collaboration collection between Joji Locatelli and Veera Välimäki, many of which were knitted with The Uncommon Thread. The patterns will also be for sale there.

New Colourway 'Olive Leaf'

New Colourway 'Salty Air'

New Colourway 'Tourmaline'

New Colourway 'Witching Hour'

What do you enjoy most about being a dyer?
The constant challenges and variety in my work. No two days are ever the same. And being busy - I’m never ever bored. Plus being creative, of course! And I love creating things that will be used to create other things, so in a way I am involved in someone else’s creative process. I love that.

What is your favourite base to dye or knit with?
Ah, that would be telling! Well, to be honest it is forever changing. Usually something that is new and unique and I’m excited with. I think at the moment that has to be Everyday Worsted.

You are a Brighton resident- what’s your top tip for enjoying the weekend in Brighton?

Well, I’m not sure visitors are going to have a lot of spare time! Dani’s got so many treats up her sleeve we’ll all be elbow deep in knitting all weekend! But, if you do find yourself at a loose end, there are some great eateries. A couple I can recommend are the Chilli Pickle and Plateau, both close to the main venue. A walk on the seafront is always nice too, of course. A visit to The Lanes or North Laine would never disappoint either.

What are you looking forward to the most about Unwind?
Meeting everyone, of course! So many friends I’ll be finally meeting in the flesh at long last. A spot of shopping won’t go amiss either ;)



A big thank you to Ce for taking the time to share some insight into her knitting world. You can find The Uncommon Thread’s website by visiting www.theuncommonthread.co.uk. To keep up to date with all of the latest Uncommon Thread news, keep an eye on Twitter, Facebook and Ravelry group.

No comments:

Post a Comment