Sunday 6 July 2014

Unwind With Knitting In France

Knitting in France will be joining Unwind as a vendor so I asked her to answer a few questions and share some of her crafting experiences with us...

(c) Knitting in France
Please introduce yourself and your business in 2-3 sentences.
I launched Knitting in France in 2011 and I offer a selection of my hand dyed yarns, hand spun yarns, hand made knitting and crochet accessories as well as some commercial supplies, mostly knitting needles.


What treats can we look forward to seeing at your stand during Unwind?
I will be bringing lots of hand made knitting and crochet accessories as well as some beautiful yarns and a selection of wonderful knitting needles.

(c) Knitting in France
Your shop is an eclectic mix of yarns, notions, jewellery and office supplies- where do you find such constant inspiration?
I find my inspiration everywhere, I like to browse magazines and websites and often find inspiration in looking at jewellery that I feel can be adapted into an accessory or just by looking at the nature in my surroundings for colour inspiration for  my dyeing and yarn design. I love reading information filled books  on fibre and textile traditions and those also supply plenty of inspiration for all sorts of things.

(c) Knitting in France
What colours are you drawn to most in your dyeing and knitting?
I like bright colours such as red, blue, pink, purple, yellow and orange. When spinning I find my self mostly doing multicoloured yarns, not necessarily self striping but just a mix of lots of bright and fun colours. When dyeing, I enjoy semi solid colours and hand painting multicoloured yarns and again I prefer bright colours over soft ones.


What is your work space like?
I just moved houses so at the moment my space is very limited but soon I will have my own office/studio space. I work from home and do my dyeing in my washroom and my accessories at my desk in my bedroom. I spin anywhere in the house as my wheel can easily be transported from one room to another.

(c) Knitting in France

What are you looking forward to the most about Unwind?
I look forward to meeting new potential clients. I very much enjoy the physical contact with my clients and that is something I only experience when doing a show as I run an online shop and only communicate with my customers via email or social media.
I also look forward to showing my latest products, seeing peoples reactions to my work and getting the word out there about my little shop. And of course I look forward to discovering Brighton and the UK in general for the very first time.


A big thank you to Knitting in France for taking the time to share some insight into her knitting world. You can find Knitting in France's Etsy shop by visiting www.knittinginfrance.etsy.com. To keep up to date with all of the latest Knitting in France news, keep an eye on Twitter @Knittinginfrance Facebook Knitting in France and the blog www.knittinginfrance.com.





No comments:

Post a Comment