Thursday 10 July 2014

Unwind with Julie Asselin

It's so close now, we can't believe it! We've almost introduced to all our vendors and here is Julie will be joining Unwind as a vendor so I asked her to answer a few questions and share some of her crafting experiences with us...



Julie wearing her own yarn and design


Please introduce yourself and your business in 2-3 sentences.
I've been knitting for most my life and loving all things color! I stumbled into dyeing 3 years ago as I was curious about it and I became really interested  in how yarn behaves and is constructed. I now work closely with mills to develop my own yarn bases.


What treats can we look forward to seeing at your stand during Unwind?

You will find Merletto, a lace weight yarn that I recently launched that is a blend of Merino, Cashmere and Silk made for a luxurious feel. The 3 ply construction of this yarn makes for strength and a great ability to withstand ripping back! These are 2 qualities that are sometimes lacking in lace weight.


Merletto


You will also find Leizu DK a Merino yarn with a touch of silk that brings sheen and drape to the yarn. One of my favorite features about this yarn is that even with the silk it is still safe to machine wash- perfect for baby items.


Leizu DK

The other 2 yarns that will be on display are Hektos (worsted weight) and Nanos (fingering). Again with the Merino-Cashmere-Silk blend they are a joy to work with perfect for accessories or sweater.


Nanos


Where do you find constant colour inspiration from?

Nature is the best place for inspiration. Loving to cook food is also a source of inspiration as well. I also  sometimes try to translate feelings or moments.


Dyepots in action


How did your crafting journey begin?
I come from a crafty family; everybody is crafty in a way. I learned to knit at a very young age from my grandmother and mother and it's the one thing I've always been doing as a craft. 
I find that I need to be careful because I'm interested by anything crafty so I get easily side tracked by a new project or hobby!

RiverEdge by dandiliongirl designs 

You’re also a designer, what kind of knitted item do you enjoy working on the most?

Hats! and sweaters!


What are you looking forward to the most about Unwind?

Mostly I wish I could be there physically, as Unwind are hosting my products this year. It is a really great opportunity and initiative and hopefully I will be able to make the trip someday and I am sure this festival will become a staple in the years to come for all knitters.



A big thank you to Julie for taking the time to share some insight into her knitting world. You can find Julie's website by visiting www.julie-asselin.com. To keep up to date with all of the latest Julie Asselin news, keep an eye on Instagram (@julie_asselin), Facebook(www.facebook.com/julieasselinboutique) and the blog (http://www.julie-asselin.com/en/category/blog-en/).




1 comment:

  1. Are you in need of a loan? Do you want to pay off your bills? Do you want to be financially stable? All you have to do is to contact us for more information on how to get started and get the loan you desire. This offer is open to all that will be able to repay back in due time. Note-that repayment time frame is negotiable and at interest rate of 3% just email us (urgentloan22@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete