Wednesday 2 July 2014

Unwind with easyknits.co.uk

Jon Dunn-Ballam will be coming to Unwind as a vendor with his fab yarn company easyknits.co.uk! He has kindly answered a few questions for us 


Jon
Please introduce yourself and your business in 2-3 sentences:


A knitter since the age of 7, I've always been creative, studying art & design to a degree level, finally quitting my job as a graphic designer to run easyknits.co.uk fulltime back in 2010. Easyknits.co.uk is a place I can show the world my love of colour and texture, hand dyed luxury yarns in vivid tones and vibrant combinations are always my goal.


What treats can we look forward to seeing at your stand during Unwind? 

We always bring everything we possibly can to shows, and we hope that we can bring a wide selection of yams, fibres for spinning and even some of signature 'sushi sock rolls' for graduated colour change when knitting. Also new patterns designed by Jon.


How did your journey as a dyer begin?


Easyknits.co.uk began in 2007 when I started dyeing yams for myself, because I simply couldn't find the bright vivid colours I loved, and when friends saw my hand dyed yams they started asking me to dye for them too.

Where do you find your colour inspiration from?


A lot of people draw their inspirations from nature and their world around them, my inspiration comes more from my gut. I simply play with colour and love to mix and blend and create wild and unusual combinations.


ohemgee yarn image (c) easyknits.co.uk

What is your favourite fibre to work with?

That's a tough question to answer, I love a smooth superwash yam for certain projects, but at the moment I'm also in love with a custom blended yam made especially for easyknits.co.uk called 'Smoke' with a rustic BFUWensleydalawarbles blend which gives great effects when dyed.



smoke yarn image (c) easyknits.co.uk


What are you looking forward to the most about Unwind?


A new show is always an exciting challenge. As with all shows I look forward to meeting new customers, putting faces to online customers meeting for the first time, and seeing all the wonderful products that the marketplace has to offer. Also, it's Brighton... I LOVE Brighton!


A big thank you to Jon for taking the time to share some insight into his knitting world. You can find Jon's web shop by visiting www.easyknits.co.uk. 

To keep up to date with all of the latest Easyknits.co.uk news, keep an eye on Twitter @easyknitter, on Instagram he's  Easyknitter and Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment