Friday 20 June 2014

Unwind with TextileGarden

Marguerite from TextileGarden will be joining Unwind as a vendor so we asked her to answer a few questions about her products and what she'll be bringing to Unwind:

Hello everyone! I’m Marguerite and I’ve been selling mostly buttons and braids/ribbons from www.textilegarden.com for almost 7 years. I can’t believe it’s that long! I started selling buttons because I got so fed up with the poor selection available in UK. I’ve a long association with textiles and have trained in the fields of traditional upholstery & soft furnishing - I love a good auction full of old chairs. 


images (c) TextileGarden


What treats can we look forward to seeing at your stand during Unwind?

Lots of buttons etc, and many are not available elsewhere in UK. There’ll be a lot to choose from. I’m going to bring a selection so I hope there will be something for everyone. I particularly like a large wooden toggle that has just arrived - a lovely colour and shape. 


images (c) TextileGarden


You’ve done lots of events, do you have a bricks-and-mortar store that people can visit too?

Yes, I have a workplace in Steyning, not far from Brighton and anyone who would like to visit is more than welcome. It’s best to ‘phone first just to check that I’m there as it’s not a shop. All details are on the website.


What do you love the most about attending events?

I’m very fortunate, I have a lot of lovely customers worldwide and events give me the opportunity to meet some of them. There’s a lot of talented people out there and it’s great to see what they’ve made and the colours used. It’s also good to see what people are attracted to, it’s like instant feedback. They’re also good places to catch up with other stallholders and buy some of their lovely wares. 


What are you looking forward to the most about Unwind?

Well, it’s about time Brighton had an event like Unwind, so overdue! Unwind has a great list of classes and vendors so I’m sure it will be a great weekend. As a Brightonian, unlike at other events, I won’t be driving around lost and I can go home each night at the end of a hopefully, busy day.


A big thank you to Marguerite for taking the time to share some insight into her crafting world. You can find Marguerite’s website by visiting www.textilegarden.com To keep up to date with new arrivals please check the website often as new things are added frequently. 



No comments:

Post a Comment