Sunday 29 June 2014

Unwind with L’OisiveThé

Aimee will be bringing a little Paris to Unwind with L’OisiveThé  so I asked her to answer a few questions and share some of her crafting life with us...


Please introduce yourself and your business in 2-3 sentences.

L’OisiveThé is a cozy tea house and yarn shop in Paris, France. We specialize in handdyed yarns from the UK, US and Canada.

Image © Aimee Gille


What treats can we look forward to seeing at your stand during Unwind?

I will be selling Madeline Tosh, Koigu and Quince and Co in over 80 colors. Two exclusive patterns will be available at our stand, a knitted shawl called Magnolia by Hiroko Payne and Brighton, a crochet blanket by Cécile Balladino. 

Image © Aimee Gille

We will also have many other knitting kits to choose from:

-       Dune chale by Cecile Baladino in Juno Buffy (an exclusive kit that Asti dyes for L'Oisivethé and she's is cool with me selling the kit at Unwind)

-       Koigu Moebius cowl from winter 2013 vogue knitting.

-       Wild, a modular Estonian  lace shawl by Hiroko Payne for L'Oisivethé in Madeline tosh Prairie. 

-       Magnolia, a lace Shawlette by Hiroko Payle for L'Oisivethé in Madeline Tosh merino light. 

 There will also be handmade knitting bags:

Image © Aimee Gille

-       Babette blanket, crochet blanket by Kathryn Merrick, yarn kit in Koigu. 

-       Brighton, a modern crochet granny square blanket by Cecile Balladino using Madelinetosh Merino Light and Madeline Tosh Unicorn Tails.


Image © Aimee Gille

What is your favourite thing about running L'OisiveThe?

I love interacting with my customers and discussing tea and knitting. I love that I have created a space where knitters and non knitters come together.


It’s a rainy afternoon, what tea and knitting would you recommend?

I personally love a good Darjeeling/assam blend like our wild geese tea blend with a pot of milk. I love working on a nice project with lots of garter stitch or an easy to memorize lace pattern.

Image © Aimee Gille


What is the best thing about being a crafter in Paris?

The crafting community in Paris is a small community and everyone seems to know everyone else. Knitting groups in Paris mix as there are different ones everyday of the week (ours is Weds nights!). I love all the new friends I have made through knitting. People that I probably wouldn’t have met through everyday life but through our common passion for knitting it has brought us together and I cherish these relationships.


What are you looking forward to the most about Unwind?

I am looking forward to meeting the maximum amount of knitters/crocheters. I will be at the stand on Saturday and Sunday so I look forward to seeing people at the market place. I have never visited Brighton so I look forward to exploring a new city. I definitely plan to get my feet wet at the beach and knit a bit with friends.


A big thank you to Aimee for taking the time to share some insight into her knitting world. You can find L’OisiveThé’s website by visiting www.loisivethe.com . To keep up to date with all of the latest L’OisiveThé’s news, keep an eye on Twitter https://twitter.com/loisivethe, Instagram : loisivethe, Facebook and the blog www.loisivethe.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment